- How does endodontic treatment save the tooth?
- Is endodontic treatment complicated?
- Why should someone want to save their natural teeth for as long as possible?
- What is endodontic surgery?
- Is root canal treatment painful?
- Can root canal treatment cause illness?
How does endodontic treatment save the tooth?
During root canal treatment, the inflamed or infected pulp is removed and the inside of the tooth is carefully cleaned and disinfected, then filled and sealed with a rubber-like material called gutta-percha. Afterwards, the tooth is restored with a crown or filling for protection. After restoration, the tooth continues to function like any other tooth.